The Institute for the Study of Human Rights is looking for a current Columbia University graduate student with excellent editing skills, a visionary mindset, and a flair for creative writing to be the new co-editor of RightsViews
. RightsViews is an ongoing conversation about developments in the human rights field amongst students and faculty at Columbia University, and a forum for opinion pieces, individual research, and perspectives from the field on a wide range of subjects related to human rights theory, practice and policy.
Assistant Editor’s Responsibilities
• Solicit regular content for the blog from a variety of contributors: students, faculty, participants in ISHR’s Human Rights Advocates and Alliance for Historical Dialogues for Accountability programs, etc.
• Develop the blog’s visual presentation, including exploring interactive media elements such as podcasts
• Work with the RightsViews editorial team to coordinate publication topics and edit articles
• Promote and expand the blog’s presence on campus
• Regularly report to ISHR’s Education Program
• Maintain the intellectual quality and integrity of RightsViews content
• This position will require a commitment of between 5-8 hours a week (hours tend to fluctuate week-to-week depending on content).
• Current student with an interest in Human Rights
• Experience with WordPress is preferred
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Excellent time management and coordination skills
• Experience editing or contributing to online media publications preferred
To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and a short (no more than 2 pages) writing sample to email@example.com
. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis, with preference given to candidates who apply by January 14, 2019.
This position is unpaid.