The Peace & Development Initiative (Kintha) works for youth and communities in Arakan State to value diversity and learn to live in peace. The mission of PDI Kintha is to contribute towards building sustainable peace between communities in conflict in Arakan State.
The Program Manager of the organization will supervise student volunteer. Overall responsibilities of the volunteer will include capacity development and training.
Tasks include the following:
Teaching and management
- Teach human rights/civic education class once per week at AISS ( Kyab institute for Social Studies.
- Teach Human Rights class once per week at Hluttaw ( State Parliament).
- Develop capacity building program at Rakhine State Parliament Building, Sittway.
- Teach English language to Junior staff at the office once per week.
- Help local teachers with co-teaching.
- Mentor local teachers.
Reporting and Proposal Development
- Help director and consultant with activity narrative reporting and proposals.
- Help local staff with management and evaluation.
- Lead 8 Human Rights Education Classes at AISS and HCDP classes.
- Lead 8 English classes for junior staff.
- Enhance awareness of students’ from AISS and Parliament staff about Human Rights Education.
- Contribute to the reporting and proposal development.
The Peace & Development Initiative (Kintha) will provide space for student in guesthouse near the office.