This is a remote volunteer opportunity.
The mission of the U.S. Racial Redress Network is to establish a network to support those engaged at the grassroots, regional and state levels in promoting reparations for specific instances of U.S. historical racial injustices by undertaking and facilitating interdisciplinary research, capacity-building, education, and advocacy. Our work is informed by the needs and goals of the Network members who are working to secure redress at the local level.
- Assist in the data management and data analysis aspects of the project.
- Support writing reports and post for the website
- Gather and track contact information of individuals and organizations working towards redress and change
- Monitor resources, download policy documents, and track peer reviewed research related to redress and reparations for the website
- Provide project support and assist with events
- Interest in research related to racial redress, historical dialogue, history, human rights, peacebuilding and similar
- Access to internet and availability to connect to project staff on a regular basis
- Availability to commit for a period of 8 weeks
- Availability to connect to the project team during EST time
- Availability June - August
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs
To apply, students should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
with the subject line “SVP application - [Name of Organization].” Please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than March 15, 2021. Please indicate the organization(s) that you are interested in working with, and the relevance of this work to your studies. Applications and interview results will then be sent to the hosting organizations, which may request interviews. Final decisions will be announced by end of May.