This is a remote volunteer opportunity.
GALZ is a membership-based association of LGBTI people in Zimbabwe that strives to represent, protect and promote the human rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and other queer persons. It provides safe spaces; information resources, medical referrals and clinical services, counselling and psychosocial support; legal assistance; lobbying and advocacy for its members.
- Work directly with the communications officer on digital content creation and management.
- Assist with content creation and collation for the e-newsletter
- Advise on social media opportunities and outreach.
Professional experience in at least one of the following:
- Graphic design through use of Canva and PhotoShop
- Copywriting (proofing, editing, revising)
- Content management
- Ability to use Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights and other basic analytics software
- Innovative and creative ability to make use of open source programs
To apply, students should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
with the subject line “SVP application - [Name of Organization].” Please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than March 15, 2021. Please indicate the organization(s) that you are interested in working with, and the relevance of this work to your studies. Applications and interview results will then be sent to the hosting organizations, which may request interviews. Final decisions will be announced by end of May.