This is a remote volunteer opportunity
Association des jeunes pour la paix et la non-violence (AJPNV) is a Chadian civil society organization registered in 2000. The goal of the AJPNV is to contribute to the promotion of a culture of peace, non-violence, the promotion, protection and defense of human rights, the rehabilitation of victims of human rights violations and the creation of a democratic state based on the rule of law in Chad.
AJPNV has four specific objectives:
- To promote a culture of peace and non-violence;
- To prevent conflicts through education, communication and dialogue;
- To support the rehabilitation of victims of violence by providing them with free medical, psychosocial and legal assistance;
- The reintegration of women who have been subjected to domestic and sexual violence by providing them with free medical, legal and psychological assistance and by offering them vocational reintegration training.
The organization is a member of the :
- International Rehabilitation Council for Victims of Torture
- International Health Federation and Human Rights Organizations
- Network of the Organization for the Fight against Torture in Central Africa
- Rehabilitation Centres for Victims of Torture in Sub-Saharan Africa
Association Jeunesse pour la paix et la Nonviolence (AJPNV) based in Republic of Chad (Central Africa) is seeking assistance with fundraising. In this role, you will use your expert communication skills and keen sense of initiative to identify fundraising opportunities, reach out to potential donors, and develop fundraising materials ranging from concept notes to letters of inquiry. You will work directly with the Executive Director of AJPNV, Charbonnel Nodjigoto.
Objectives of the Role
- Identify potential donors
- Write concept notes and letters of inquiry
- Assist the executive director with writing grant proposals
- Advise on promotional materials and content for social media
To apply, students should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SVP application - [Name of Organization].” Please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than April 11, 2022. Please indicate the organization(s) that you are interested in working with, and the relevance of this work to your studies. Applications and interview results will then be sent to the hosting organizations, which may request interviews. Final decisions will be announced by end of May.