Join the Essay Contest Student Review Committee!
The Student Review Committee (SRC) is an excellent opportunity to learn from other students’ work and expand your human rights network.
Committee members must be Columbia University students who have engaged in the study of human rights. Students do not need to be enrolled in a human rights program to serve on the committee. Papers are reviewed anonymously and committee members are eligible to submit papers for consideration.
Committee members will:
- Promote student participation in the essay contest (circulate “calls for papers” among student groups and other networks on campus, make announcements in class, encourage peers and classmates to participate, etc.).
- Read papers and consult with other committee members to select finalist nominees. Please note that all submissions are reviewed anonymously. ISHR provides essay criteria and review guidelines to all committee members.
- If available, attend and participate in the colloquium as a discussant.
If you are interested, please e-mail the following information to email@example.com, with the subject line "Essay Contest Review Committee."
- Full name
- Department/major and degree sought
- Expected date of graduation
- Phone number
- A brief description of why you are interested in serving on the committee.
Apply Apply now! Preference will be given to applications received by Monday, January 12, 2018. Applications submitted after that date will be evaluated on a rolling basis, until spots are filled.
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.